Riley - Junior
Riley House has fantastic boarding facilities with bedrooms that are bright, modern and spacious. The girls are in rooms with three, four or five sharing with the boys in larger dormitories. Riley benefits from having its own campus, set away from the Main School, yet has the close proximity and use of all the wonderful facilities Strathallan has to offer. This ensures that there are many happy faces and ensures that all our junior pupils become confident, focused and enthusiastic individuals.
Many pupils are experiencing boarding school life for the first time and it is therefore key that Riley staff make the pastoral care and support of all the children in its care their first priority.. Day pupils play a vital role in this and all pupils have the opportunity to experience the outstanding facilities Strathallan has to offer with endless opportunities such as swimming, golf, art, design technology, riding etc and weekends for boarders are busy and full of fun.
It is the shared concern of all those who live and work in Riley that we should aspire to the following aims:
- To create a safe, welcoming environment in which sensible and sensitive support is available to meet the pupils’ academic, emotional, physical and social needs.
- To create a climate in which expectations of pupils’ behaviour are high, mutual trust, respect and confidence are evident, and in which pupils’ show concern and tolerance for others.
- To encourage a high level of participation and cooperation in the daily life of the house and a sense of duty and service towards others.
- To encourage equality and fairness and the use of appropriate praise in all aspects of the life of the house.
- To provide pupils with opportunities to develop independence and responsibility and to encourage the development of their own range of skills, interests and hobbies.
- To establish and maintain good communication with parents.
- To create a climate in which pupils, parents and staff feel confident to raise issues concerning care and welfare and to involve them in the regular review work of the house.