History

History

History

Strathallan was founded in 1913 by Harry Riley in Bridge of Allan.  In 1920 he moved the School to the current site in Forgandenny with 120 pupils. The boys were divided into three houses Nicol, Freeland and Ruthven. In 1927 Simpson House was created and after the war Leburn House was added.

A small number of girl pupils were introduced in 1979; the School now has three girls' boarding houses, Woodlands and Thornbank and Glenbrae.

Strathallan became a public school in 1935 through the support of former pupils David Bogie and John Maitland-Cowan who became the first trustees. Harry Riley sadly died during the war and control was passed to a Board of Governors in 1945.

The post-war School has steadily increased in numbers and now ranks as one of the top independent Schools in Scotland.

Opportunities for all to excel

Email Strathallan
Strathallan School Forgandenny, Perth PH2 9EG Scotland UK
registrar@strathallan.co.uk
T +44 (0)1738 812 546 F +44 (0)1738 812 549

Registered in Scotland as a charity number SC008903

Contact Strathallan

Admissions Contact

Share / Social

Location / Google Map

Our Location