What we do with your data
We may hold information relating to you from a number of sources. A significant proportion of the information we hold on alumni is that which you provide to us (for example, you may give us information by filling in forms on the School’s website, or by corresponding with us by telephone, email or otherwise). If you are were a pupil at Strathallan, some of your personal data is transferred from your student record to the School’s alumni database.
Most records contain:
- details of your education (e.g. your House, dates of study)
- unique personal identifiers and biographical information (e.g. pupil number, date of birth)
- your contact details (we update these whenever you let us know that they have changed)
- details of your interactions with the School, including:
- your membership of clubs, societies, and alumni groups
- your attendance at School events
- other contact with us or our partners (as listed below)
- details of benefits and services provided to you.
- your relationships with other alumni or supporters of the School (e.g. mother, father, sibling etc.)
- details about your family (e.g. your marital status, the name of your partner or spouse)
- personal data provided by you for a specific purposes (e.g. disability and dietary preferences for event management purposes)
- your communication preferences, to help us provide tailored and relevant communications
We also record, where applicable, based on information which you provide to us and, in some cases, publicly available information:
- financial information relating to you e.g. your history of donations made to the School
- your career highlights and other life achievements
- information about your areas of interest and extra-curricular activities
We augment the data we hold from the School with information from publicly available data.
We use targeted internet searches, where relevant, in order to obtain and maintain the accuracy of the data listed above.
In order to provide you with the above services we will share data on a considered and confidential basis, where appropriate with:
- Strathallan Clubs and Societies
- volunteer partners closely related to us (e.g. Year group representatives and alumni societies)
- mailing houses for School publications
- third parties engaged by the School to provide fundraising related services, such as:third party agencies who provide us with data about alumni and supporters;
consultants advising us on individual’s capacity to donate; other contractors providing services to you on our behalf or services to us.
We will ensure any third party provider adheres to current data protection legislation.