Strathallan swimmers excel at the Scottish Schools Swimming Finals
January 30 2019
Six Strathallan pupils competed at the Scottish Schools Swimming Finals on Saturday 26th January after qualifying at the Tayside Schools Championships in November.
They put in excellent performances and achievement some impressive results, including:
- Cole P – bronze medal 100m breast and achieved a 4 second PB in the 200m fly
- Bailey W – 6th place in the 200m back also achieving a PB
- Oboe C – 8th place in the 200m free
- Owen C – 4th place in the 200m individual medley narrowly missing out on a medal and 5th place in the 100m fly
- Jonathan W – 5th place in the 200m individual medley
- Chris A – 6th place in the 100m fly
Audrey Sime, Director of Sport at Strathallan, said:
I was delighted that all the hard work in the pool with our swim coach, Elaine Johnston, is paying off and to achieve personal bests at National Finals is testament to the work that is going on. I was even more delighted to see Cole picking up a bronze medal in the 100m breaststroke. Huge congratulations to him and to Elaine.